May 29, 2007

She's still younger than me.....

Well today is a big day in the Jones family house. Today is my wife's 27th birthday. That's right today we are celebrating the birth of the great woman behind the great man. (that sounds bad but really it is true). Actually in a lot of ways I am the man behind the great woman. As my personality can at times be a little overwhelming I made a quick top ten list of my favorite things about Kristena so that maybe she will know just how much we all love her:

10. Her enthusiasm for everything. No one gets more excited to get a great deal on a bottle of shampoo, a bunch of free hair dye or some free razors. CVS make no money on us. She is also my biggest cheerleader and fan.

9. She never complains that my hair is turning grey. She teases me about it but her day will come.

8. She is super talented and crafty. With three kids she is had to place her crafty needs off to the side but she still has more talent in her pinky than most anyone I know.

7. She has a kind heart for others. Since she is such a bargain shopper she has chosen to take lots of our 'stockpile' items and give them to charity. We never throw anything away we give it to others first. I message to our kids I hope they will always remember.

6. She listens. As most of you at times have been forced to listen to me rant you know this takes a really special person to do day in and day out.

5. She wants the best for her family. She takes the time to read to Tyler and have special mommy/daughter days with Kaitlyn even when they are being stinkers. These are memories that they will never forget. Lauren does not realize how lucky she got when God gave her this mommy.

4. She is always there when I need her. When my dad was sick and getting worse she alway just let me talk about it whenever I needed to. She never asked alot of questions except do you need to go back to see him. When I felt I needed to go we moved money around so that I could fly back and forth and she even made the trek to Ohio when she was pregnant and not really wanting to make a huge drive in the winter so that the kids could see him one more time.

3. She is funny. Sometimes the things she will do and say almost make me wet myself. Something she should get use to. I am 8 years older than she is and eventually she will be changing my diapers too : )

2. How much she loves her babies. Even though sometimes they can be a handful she weathers each storm and loves them more than anything. She is a super mom and is their world.

1. The number one thing is that she is her. She is just a beautiful, smart, and funny as the day I chased her down and begged her to go out with me. I hope that this in some small way tells her just how much she means to me and the rug rats. We love you and Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Kristena or CHRISTINA or KRISTINA, or KIRSTIN or any other misspelling that mom will put out there. I hope that you have a wonderful day and thanks for being a great wife to John. And a great mom to those kids...they are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Well, I will try this again. My internet is acting up. As Kim pointed out so eloquently I have trouble with names in general. So to be sure I am avoiding spelling your name. ha

Happy Birthday and I wish you many more. Look to the East the gift cometh in the morning. Sorta belated and not fancy. Just a little something to say I am proud to by your mother in law and the one of the grandmothers to your children. I appreciate all the nice gifts you have made me and the pictures you send. I think you do a great job as mom and wife. Love you Lots
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you again. We wished you a Happy Birthday before we left Fl. didn't we ? But it is always good to say it again. And we are every proud to be your Great-Grand-parents. You are really crafty and a good wife and Mom. You and John do have beautiful Children. And a beautiful home. Take good care of one another and keep us posted on what is going on in your life. much love from up North. Grandma

Anon said...

Your almost as lucky as my husband.

:)

hahahahahaha

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Happy belated birthday Kristena! Seriosly, John, those are some major brownie points! You're both lucky to have eachother and 3 awesome kids!

Anonymous said...

John, those were such sweet things you said about my daughter. She is a great mommy, isn't she?? just as you are a great daddy!! happy birthday again Kristena. and many more years together for the both of you. Give the kids big hugs from me. Love. Grandma

Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - so you have me crying with this one.

Could I HIRE you to give my husband lessons in how to say nice things like that?