August 5, 2007

Here are the huffelchildren....

I thought I would post a quick blog so that everyone can see the littlest huffeldinks. We have been very busy and to my aunt marsha and cousin andrea sorry about not getting back to you on the house in Dublin. I never heard anything back from any of contacts and with the sewer flowing down the driveway I never got to tell you that. I also need to tell a couple of people happy birthday. First to my brother Tom who during the haste of us moving never got to tell happy birthday. So happy belated birthday little man (can anyone else get away with calling you little man other than me? Distance does have its priveledges!).... Then to my cousin Keever. Imagine me yelling this so that at your advanced age you can hear me HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!. Actually I have always admired Keever and his honesty and the way he has always been a great father and provider for his family. I admire his faith and his unashamed way of living it. So Keever it was your birthday and that big check is in the mail. (i am hoping that at his age he will have forgotten that I said I was sending one).

Finally, Happy Birthday to Kristena's grandpa. We are glad to be in Texas and can't wait for many days where Kristena and I can come over eat your food and leave the kids for (insert the amount of time that you think your sanity can handle them) ..... just kidding but really when do you want them : ).

Lastly, to my mom. Mom I just wanted to remind you that in less than 300 days you too will be 60 years old. So we have been making a list of things you might like:

1) A cool walker with racing stripes and a work bag mounted to the side. The walker can be wired with a radio, programmed with a cell phone and maybe wireless internet. You need to be mobile for the grandkids.

2) Someone to come over and change those pesky light bulbs. Are you sitting in the dark yet?

3) A new Kleenex. The one that has been wadded up in the bottom of your purse since the 60's has to be getting a little worn.

4) A cup like grandma and grandpa have for your teeth.

5) A personal shopper for the local 7-11. If they don't have it there then why do you need it?

6) Round trip tickets to and from Texas whenever you want because we miss you!

Finally, here are the pics I spoke about earlier. Hope this finds each of you well. Please pray for my sister and brother in law Wayne as they prepare for their trip to Africa. I am sure that the Native African people will love Kim's sense of humor and who doesn't love a guy who can juggle fire and put a roof on a house all at the same time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

300 days hummmm, who is counting other than you. I personally was thinking about a complete overhaul. A
by-pass both heart and stomach, a nip and tuck here and there. Do they have personal shoppers at 7-11? whoa got check that out. The walker is really a great idea but will need a horn for those slow walkers.

Good to see pictures of my grandchildren, they are growing up way too fast. Little Lauren is growing and sure knows how to smile. I think I may need to do some videos for you some of me singing and talking and telling my lengthy stories so she will recognize me. Will put that on my to do list.

So glad to hear from you via the internet. Love to all of you, now send some pictures with updates of your new digs.

Love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are loving the Big D and the kids are so cute! Can't believe how fast they are growing up!No problem on the house information, Andrea and Jon have signed a contract on one in Hilliard and it is really nice and in "move-in" condition! That is the way to go! :) Take care and don't forget your way back to Ohio! We all miss you and the family!!
Love to all,
Marsha

Kim said...

Missing you more now after seeing all the pictures and realizing that Lauren has not yet got to meet me. I guess after Africa, Dallas here we come. I think we might be able to swing it by March or April but you could always come this way for Christmas.
Call me sometime.
Kim

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Lauren is ADORABLE!!!!!! I mean, seriously, CUTE!!!!! (As are the other two!!!) Glad you're getting settled in Dallas, and loved all the pictures!

Kelley said...

Hey Cuz! It's been a while since we've commented to each other. I've been reading though. Glad to see that you're getting settled. The kids are flat out adorable. I can't believe how fast Lauren is growing. BTW- 2 items: 1- I love the new layout. 2- My birthday was July 10th. :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It is not Mary had a little Lamb, la,la, la, It is MARY HAD a Little, humm sheep, humm, Oh lamb, this I know, For the HUM, HUM, said soooooo? Then the Lamb was twinkle ling up so high like a hum hummm, bright star, humm, La la la....It's fur was white as S-N-O-W. It is the finish that makes my songs so popular with the kids.

You might try this version for Lauren it is the HUMMMMMMMM that she will like the most.

I will tape my version for you to play for her. I may even include a story I was thinking the one about the three pigs and their chairs or was it the three bears... I will work on that one.

LOVE MOM or is Grandma Jones

Keetha Broyles said...

Big John - - - I LOVED this post. It was hilarious!!!

It is also OLD now - - - - we need some NEW humor from you to lighten the "load" of our days!!!!

:-)