June 21, 2007

Look Out Big D Here Come the Huffeldinks!

Well for those of you who have not talked to my mom or my sister the Huffeldinks are taking our show on the road again. After much discussion with my local fan base we determined that Jacksonville was way to small of a town for all our talents and we have decided that Dallas might be a better fit! Actually I finally got an offer from a big mortgage company in Dallas to relocate us to the metroplex. Whew...what a relief it is to know where the next check is coming from and know where we will be. Our move date and my start date are still a little unofficial but the one thing that is not is my last day at the old salt mine. That is July 6th at 12:00. That is only 10 days of work (well considering I have only had about 4 hours worth of work each day minus my bad case of short timers it will probably be more like 3 hours of work between now and the 6th). Kristena is so excited that she wet herself when I called. I mean really real water right down her leg. Actually, I was so excited that I wanted to tell my mom but she never leaves her cell on (because some older folks don't see the value in charging said cell phones) and then she was in the bathroom or stuck on the floor and the phone was on the counter. So instead of calling me on my cell phone she called Kristena who stole my thunder!!! Then Kristena said she wants to buy a house big enough for her mom and my mom to come live with us!!!! I think she just wants lots of free baby sitters because the bigger the city the bigger the bargains! They double and sometimes triple coupons at the grocery stores. we will need a big house to store the stockpile.

Just a few last details that we need everyone to pray about a quick sale of this house so that we can quickly buy another house in the big D. Who evers prayer makes that happen will get to keep whichever kid they want for at least 6 months. The other detail is pray that the spell my name right on my new business cards I would hate to be Johns Johns for 6 month while they reprint them. Although it would easy to spell.

The otter (southern for other) big news around the old home place is that Lauren had her first bowl of big girl cereal tonight. Can you believe she is old enough to eat cereal!!! Kristena is thrilled because let's just say that she has established a new world record for breast feedings in an day. The old record was 110 but our little growing girl topped out at 215 times. Now that might be a little of an exaggeration but not by much. Daddy is hoping she sleeps through the night now that she is eating all of her new food. If not I am prepared to blend up an entire T-Bone steak if that will fill that little belly.

We reckon that we are fixin to get the little possems to the hay loft for a little shut eye before the rooster gets up over yonder. (translation I need to go because we have a lot to do and the kids are driving us to the crazy place). Remember the prayer challange at the lovely prize of 6 months with one of the fine Huffeldink children and wait if you take the boy we will throw in two boxes of fruit snacks and a half taken bottle of prozac for you. (you'll need it trust us)But wait there is more if the house sells before the end of the first week we will throw in 42 pounds of frozen chicken from our stockpile for all of your effort. So don't wait begin your prayer and fasting now before its too late!

Love,

Big Daddy, Big Mamma, Blondie, Grumpy, and Knuckles Huffeldink

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do have the most adorable grandchildren no matter what Marsha says. They are so cute and I plan on winning the prayer challenge. Six months worth of chicken seems like a fair offering. You know the three amigos could stay with me in Ohio while you search for housing. I would be more than happy to come to get them, via plane. Think about it. ok? They would love being with me their grandma jones.

So happy for you as you take on a new adventure and I am awfully proud of your accomplishments.

mom

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and your accomplishments. If I was your wife and you told me what they offered and where we was moving, I might of had the same reaction as Kristena.Ha! That offer that your Mom made sounds pretty good. Thanks for calling us tonight and letting us talk to all of you. i pray that your move will be smooth and your house will sell quick. And that you will find a place to buy quick,so you can get settled. loads of love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

What cuties! Congratulations on the new job!! You will need to get a big 10 gallon cowboy hat!! We will be praying for your house to sell and for you to find the perfect BIG house for the family and lots of room for company to come and visit!!
Love ya,
Marsha

Kelley said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you know where you're headed. The kids are gorgeous! Maybe I'll have to come visit the big state of Texas since you'll have all that extra room! :)

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read your blogs I'm laughing out loud!! You should write childrens books! Well and adult books too! Congratulations on your job and your move to Texas. I'm doing the prayer challenge but would like all 3 kids in the deal!! And the chicken too!! Hope all goes well and the house sells quickly. I know ya will be buying the most gorgeous home in Texas. Kristena has already sent me a link of a house ya are looking at. Give the kids big hugs and kisses. Love to all of you, Grandma

Kim said...

Well...It seems like you might not ever fulfill your high school yearbook future of most likely to become a TV evangelist but you never know what can happen in Texas. I am so happy for you and the whole Huffeldink family. Did you get the outfit for baby Huffeldink? I sent it out last week.

Love you,
Kim

Anon said...

hahahaha

Make sure you keep writing on your blog when you get settled in Dallas. Great reads.....almost as good as mine. :) hahaha

Congrats on the job! The pics are absolutely adorable. Lauren is growing so fast.

Keetha Broyles said...

Well - - - you did it again!!!! Made a really funny read!!!!

I'm SOOOOO excited for you that you got a new job. Hope the relocation goes well.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

John-truly. There never was a funnier blog. That's just the plain truth! SO exited to hear about your job and the move to Texas!!!!

Anon said...

Okay John, I was tagged and listed my eight. Then, I ended up tagging Kel and she has officially tagged you and I'm waiting to read yours.

Get busy dude!