March 18, 2007

Life in the fast lane.....

I thought that phrase best descripes our life here the the sunshine state. Since the new baby has arrived we have been so busy watching her poop, sleep, eat and.........well it seems I forgot that is all new babies do. This baby however loves to sleep. She sleeps about 18 hours a day and we get about 6 hours of straight sleep every night now. Which is incredible!!! As you can tell from the pictures she really is the most beautiful baby in the whole world. Now some of you may have thought you had the most beautiful baby but we have done the research and she is.

One of our favorite moments since she has arrived has been Kristena being able to put pigtails in her hair. Well sort of... As you can tell from the photos she has my grandpa's hairline lots of hair on the sides and the middle is a little empty. But Kristena pulled all of her side hair up and rammed it into a couple of hair thingys and boom you have midget pigtails. Lauren looked a little confused and because she has such little hair and Kristena had to pull them so tight she had constant surprised look on her face. Poor Kaitlyn had to wait until she was 5 in order to wear pigtails as she was a bald little baby. Tyler would love to wear pigtails but he will have to wait until he is uncle Tom's age for us to let him grow his hair that long.

Our first official overnight visitor since the new baby was Grandma Jones. Overnight meaning we have no room at our house so we made her get a hotel. The kids loved having her here and they especially loved spending the night at her hotel room. The made some wonderful memories like having security called because they were partying to loud and on Monday when we had to have their stomach's pumped due to all of the Oreo's and poptarts they ate with her. Actaully Tyler finally "passed" the last sprinkle from the poptarts just the other day. Tyler called my mom and told her that we were going to by her house down here by us if not she could come live in his room. Kristena said that would be fine but I think we had already agreed 3 kids was enough and adopting a fourth when she is almost 60 is out of the question.


Actually having mom down here makes me a little homesick to be near family and friends especially when we would like to have a quiet dinner out somewhere like Las Vegas. But then we see the weather reports and I realize that we will just suffer here. So that is all I have for now I wish I could tell you that we had won the lottery and I was sending each of you a $10,000.00 but that is not the case. Enjoy the pics and remember it isn't called the Sunshine State for nothing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it about time you posted new pictures, I think she is beautiful and no other compares. She has all the potential to be a knockout along with her sister Kaitlyn. You will have to buy two chips for their purses.

Tyler is so cute. I can still hear him tell me " you not talk to me grandma jones" Then I can see him throw me kisses as I backed out the drive. Kaitlyn was very tidy and dressed like she is 16. Did her own hair. She was eating healthy, then came the oreo's although they were not the healthiest she drank lots of water to wash the calories away. Ha

Glad I could come down, will be looking for lodging with you when you get a bigger place.

Love to you and the family.

mom

Kim said...

Homesick...I am feeling nieces and nephew sick. I was beginning to think that the next set of pictures would be of Lauren graduating. It sounds like Tyler and Josh have a lot in common and say a lot of the same things. I can't wait to get them two together again.

Miss you.
Kim

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

The pigtails are killin' me. What a doll..you guys are truly blessed. I think she looks a lot like Tyler...who I think looks a lot like Zeke!!! Loved all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi to all of you. It's good to see another blog from you. So far we can't bring the pictures in. I know she must be very cute as she was cute when she was born. I show all three of your children's pictures to all our friends. And they think . They think we have such cute grandchildren. I wondered why ours is so cute, but it must of come from Great Grandma and Grandpa, Ha! I would love to see her and hold her again. I also miss Kaitlyn and Tyler. We send our lOve to all, Grandma

Kelley said...

Prescious! It's about time! Hope she's not 10 before I see her in person! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

the pics are adorable! love the pigtails! am looking forward to coming end of this month for a few days. we're leaving early morning of march 31st. haven't made hotel reservations yet cause just found out i got the time off from work, so keep your fingers crossed they still have an available room. can't wait to see everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hey just in case you haven't heard it lately I think you are a great person, awesome, and I am very proud of the man you have become. Plus you have given me some beautiful grandchildren.

Love ya
MOM

Anonymous said...

I sure wish you would blog more. I always check to see if you have written anything. I still can't bring in the pictures. So-o-o maybe you could send us a picture of the children and of course one of you and Kristene. And better still we wish you could come and see us while we are this close. We love you all. we sure enjoyed having Kaitlyn and Tyler. It's nice now to go to the beach.Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

thank you for the beautiful pictures. And Kim ordered sme of the baby for me over the inner net. we picked them up the other day. And I went right over next door and showed her off,Ha. Her little cheeks and lower lip, so cute. And Tyler looking for her feet when he first saw her. And the look on Kaitlyn's face when she first saw her. You have such cute kids !We love them. I hope we get to see them again before we go home. But time is passing fast. We love you all.,Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids, We are back in Ohio< and guess what, We can get the pictures that everyone has been talking about. They are beautiful. I can't get over how beautiful you all are, I'm so glad we can bring them all in on our computer. Hope your all well and enjoying the warm weather. IT IS PRETTY COOL HERE. Love you all!, Grandma

Anonymous said...

People should read this.